An Attorney for Local Small Businesses
Born and raised in Hawaii, I attended Punahou School and the University of Pennsylvania, where I obtained degrees in History and Political Science. I returned to Hawaii to work in the State Legislature as a Legislative Aide and Office Manager before attending Gonzaga University School of Law.
While obtaining my Juris Doctorate I pursued a Masters in Business Administration. I served on the Gonzaga University Board of Regents as the Law School Student Representative and served as a Student Ambassador for the Admissions Office all the while studying corporate law, writing business plans, and enjoying the Spokane area. I also served as a judicial extern under Chief Judge Burns at the Hawaii Intermediate Court of Appeals and Judge Richard Roberts of the Washington State Office of Administrative Hearings.
Upon completing my joint J.D./M.B.A. program I worked as the Associate Corporate Counsel at a Hawaii human resource administration firm. There I focused on contract review and drafting, training, compliance with labor and employment law and other forms of regulation affecting small and medium-sized businesses.
Recently, I have been serving as the Committee Clerk to the Hawaii House of Representatives Chair of Labor and Vice-Chair of Judiciary. With my background in law and business I now concentrate on providing affordable legal services to small businesses for their start-up and operational needs. I am an owner-operator just like so many of our local small businesses.
When not practicing law I can be found dining out, writing a food blog, playing with my iPad apps, and hanging out with my dogs.
If you would like to contact me to set-up an initial consultation, please click here. —— Work Experience
- Committee Clerk to the Chair of Labor and Public Employment and Vice-Chair of Judiciary, Hawaii State House of Representatives
- Associate Corporate Counsel, Human Resource Organization Company
- Extern Legal Clerk, Washington State Office of Administrative Hearings under Judge Roberts
- Extern Legal Clerk, Hawaii Intermediate Court of Appeals under Chief Justice Burns
- Legislative Aide and Manager, Hawaii State House of Representatives
— Admitted to Practice in the Following Jurisdictions
- State of Hawaii
- U.S. District Court
— Activities and Memberships
- Hawaii State Bar Association, Members of the following Sections:
- Business Law
- Intellectual Property and Technology
- Real Property and Financial Services
- Business Law Section Member
- Young Lawyers Division